Don’t be sad, little spaceman.
This is great!
- 1 cup/140 grams all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 or 5 large eggs, enough to make 1 cup
- 1 cup/250 milliliters whole milk
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil or beef fat drippings
- 1 six-well popover pan or 12-well muffin tin
- Sift the flour and mustard powder together into a large bowl. Add the eggs and milk and blend on high speed with a hand mixer until fully incorporated. Let the batter rest for 2 hours at room temperature, re blending now and then.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F./240 degrees C./gas 9
- Place one tsp of fat in each cup of a popover pan or half a tsp of fat in the well of each muffin cup. Place the pan on a baking sheet and slide it into the oven to heat the oil when the oven is heating. When the oven has reached temperature, reblend the batter, remove the pan and pour the batter into the cups , dividing it evenly and filling the cups three-fourths full. Place the pan in the oven and turn on the light so you can watch them rise. After 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 450 degrees F. and continue baking without opening the oven door, until the puddings are puffed and golden brown. 15-25 minutes depending on your oven. Serve immediately.Yield: 6 popovers of 12 small muffins; you can also bake it in 9×13-inch baking dish or in the beef’s roasting pan.
I love Yorkshire pudding.
DID I LEAVE THE STOVE ON?
NO, I DIDN’T. UNLESS I DID. BUT I PROBABLY DIDN’T.
NO, I’M AN ADULT. I WOULDN’T JUST LEAVE THE STOVE ON.
UNLESS I JUST FORGOT AND MY APARTMENT IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW.
WHICH IT ISN’T, RIGHT? UNLESS IT IS. BUT IT’S PROBABLY NOT. UNLESS IT IS.
DID I LEAVE THE FUCKING STOVE ON?
Earlier generations have weathered recessions, of course; this stall we’re in has the look of something nastier. Social Security and Medicare are going to be diminished, at best. Hours worked are up even as hiring staggers along: Blood from a stone looks to be the normal order of things “going…
(Source: New York Magazine)